Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Race Day

There's something that happens on Sundays (well, mostly on Sundays) that Dad gets VERY excited about. Sunday is Race Day. That's the day he tries to get us all to sit on the sofa with him and joyfully watch cars go round and round and round. We don't quite get it. Shyla and I sometimes go round and round the living room chair but he says it's not the same. Every Sunday he says he's going to watch "his race" with all of his huskies lying next to him. Well, you know how THAT goes. This is what happens after about 10 minutes of us racing around the room:

Shyla loses interest real fast. Above you can see her hoping that "race day" will soon be over.
Here's Meeka:


He gets bored pretty fast too. Just what IS it about this car thing? I heard about a dog that chased cars. Mom says that's not a good idea. I don't see any dogs chasing the cars on TV. Once I saw a bunny run across the track. They had to stop the race to let the bunny cross. I like bunnies! That was an exciting race.
That's what we do on Sunday afternoons. I say it's a good time for a nap:

3 comments:

Khady Lynn said...

Humans are such mindless idiots. No wonder they sit around watching cars go round and round and round. It takes MINIMAL brain power. Which, when you think about it, is about all they can handle.

Holly

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

My dad doesn't watch races, but he watches this show called Heroes every Monday night. This week, Steve and I were in full wrestle-chase mode and Dad kept having to pause and rewind the show to understand it. Good thing they have a DVR so we can be noisy and they can still watch TV!

Kat

MaPaw said...

My mama and papa watch stupid tv too. Sometimes they do not even watch it, they just have it on for the noise. Hello? I can be noisy if that is what they want.
-Magnum