Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Decisions....Decisions

So much for one Sibe to think about! Mom wants help choosing a new kitchen floor. Mom and Dad had a meeting with the nice floor man and he helped them decide what type of floor to get for their "needs". Hrmmmph. What do they mean....."needs"? One would think they have a zoo running through their kitchen or something! I think I should be insulted. He also mentioned something about "high traffic". There's no cars driving through our kitchen. I just don't get it. But I am flattered that Mom asked what we thought. This is an important job and we need to take it quite seriously I think. First we need to see what it smells like:




"Hmmm....this smells somewhat like a tree"

Meeka thought we should test it out by walking on it:








Next we need to make sure our toys don't clash with the colors and pattern. And most importantly, we have to be able to see the toys in case we accidentally leave them lying around.

Whew! There's alot to this job!

Okay. I think I've made my choice. The final decision was the sitting test. It passed! I pick this one Mom!

She's pleased with my kitchen choice and said she'd put the "tree scented" floor in the powder room.

Now what's that I heard about wallpaper??

12 comments:

The Husky in the Window said...

Great choices you guys. The walking and toy tests are important. Hope you'all got treats after all that decision making.
MayaMarie

One Little Birdie said...

Wow, you're interior decorators too! Wanna come help mom with our house? She keeps changing the one wall in the living room cuz she always hates the color after she gets it up there. We try to help paint, but mom says that our tails don't make good paint brushes. I think they are the best!

The Brat Pack said...

GREAT choice! We have some choices to make around here too so we might need to consult you.

The Brat Pack

Kapp pack said...

You have hidden talents we didn't even know about. Great Job on picking the floor for your humans!

-Sky

Khady Lynn said...

Our humans are getting ready to put some of that tree smelling flooring in our family room next week. They are also getting some new kitchen flooring they call laminate, that looks like ceramic, but isn't. The floor people say it works better for dogs cuz it "wears" better. I didn't know you were suppose to wear the floor?

Holly

Deanna said...

Nice choice!

MaPaw said...

MY grandma has a floor like that one and LOVES it! She says she cannot see muddy paw prints on it, but I do not understand why that is a good thing.
-Magnum

The Army of Four said...

Woo, great choice, Echo! Did you check it for slippies, too?
Luv,
Dave

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Oh, that will look very nice in your kitchen. Great job Echo!

Kat

The Daily Echo said...

MayaMarie - Oh yes...Mom makes sure we are well paid for our efforts.

G&S - Sure! I'm getting kinda good at this decorating stuff. Although I'm learning to be flexible.

Brat Pack - Thanks. But Mom had to call an executive meeting already. We had to alter our decorating strategy a bit - something about the width of the floor - but went with a very similar pattern. It's all good and passed my test.

Sky - I'm just a talented kinda guy!

Holly - I know...all those weird floor terms! I voted no on the laminate because I don't like slippin and slidin but Mom does like the way they look. Mom said we'd look like Siberian Figure Skaters the way we race through the house! HARROOO!

Cubby - Thanks! Sometimes choices are hard work.

Magnum - I don't know why they don't appreciate our artwork.

Kat - Thank woo. Mom seems to like the muddy floor look. I don't know why.

Anonymous said...

Wow... you guys are smart!!! We will need photos once everything is put in!!!
Hugs,
Sitka

Peanut said...

That looks like a good choice for a kitchen floor.