Sunday, May 20, 2007

Places We Do Not Fit

Hi Everybuddy -

Did you ever have a spot you really, really like to be but don't really fit? For some reason this seems to provide endless entertainment for humans. Mom always tells the story of when Merlin was a little pupster and loved to sleep underneath the microwave cart. He went there for a nap one day and must have had a growth spurt because he couldn't get back out! Mom had to pull and tug. I've always kept this in mind when putting myself in various places. After all, he is who I need to look up to and admire so we don't want to make that mistake again. One of my most favorite spots is the living room chair. Mom thought she had it all figured out when she finally ditched the sofa. We used to take flying leaps into it when we had the zoomies so it wasn't looking too great. When she got these living room chairs she joyfully announced that she would no longer have to de-fur the sofa....because there would be no sofa. WHAT?! NO SOFA? What is she thinkin???? Sure enough, there was Dad lugging our faithful and comfortable friend out the curb. Shadow was very distraught as she looked out the window and saw it out there alone in the cold, harsh world. If that wasn't bad enough, in came these chairs. I knew what her theory was. She didn't think we'd fit. Shadow fits....see:





Meeka found a way around the entire situation. He thinks he's so smart.













And then there's me. Imagine Mom's surprise when she walked into the room and saw this:






The moral of this story is - never underestimate the Siberian will!
And I just want to add.....I DO TOO FIT!

6 comments:

The Army of Four said...

Ha roo roo roo! Those are great pictures! Sibes can fit ANYWHERE if we want to badly enough! Ha roo roo roo!
Play bows,
Zim

Anonymous said...

Oh yes... there are places that we perhaps can't fit, but we have the ability to contort ourselves and make ourself fit!!! I have a great puppy picture that mom will have to scan for me (since it was before we went digital).
Hugs, Sitka

One Little Birdie said...

You are ingenious. Our mom gave up and got leather furniture. So the sofa can be all ours! Even Guinness the GSD gets into the most amazing places. She's been feeling anxious lately, so right now she has made herself very small and is under Mommy's feet in the nook under the desk.

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

You're great! I like to be under the bed, but I can barely fit! This morning I decided to try really hard to get under there and I made it! I was so excited. Until Kat decided to stick her head under the bed and bite me while I couldn't move. Sisters are so unfair! So I had to worm my way out from under the bed and chase her all around the house to get back at her.

Steve

Hope said...

I think you should change your name to Gumby. I have to admire your stick to itness! But come on now..... tell the truth, weren't you as uncomfortable as you looked?????
XXOOX,
Hope

Khady Lynn said...

Those are funny!! Hey, Siberians (and Malamutes too) usually get what they want, no matter what it is! I have a great pic of me in the recliner! Imagine it, a 120 pound dog trying to sleep in a curled up circle in a recliner! It's quite cute!

Holly