Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Odds Have It

Hi Everybuddy -

I heard some amusing statistics today. It seemed worthy of sharing. Do you know what the odds are of finding a four leafed clover? 1 in 10,000. I'm thinking I probably won't ever find a four leafed clover. I'd probably stand more of a chance of trampling one or watching Shadow eat one. That's not the only statistic I learned. Here's some more:


The odds of being hit by lightening are 1 in 3,000. Woo! That's a bit concerning!


The odds of getting a hole-in-one while playing golf is about 1 in 10,000.


The odds of getting clocked by a falling coconut is 1 in 250,000,000. Considering the speed of a falling coconut can reach up to 50 miles per hour I'd say you'd be wise to avoid standing under a coconut tree - assuming you have one in your yard of course.


With all of this intiguing information in mind we decided to come up with some of our own odds:

The odds of me sharing one of these beds:



1 in 20,000,000
The odds of Meeka moving from his nap:

Slim to none

So there you have it! Interesting odds I must say.

13 comments:

Teddy Westlife said...

Those are very interesting statistics. We don't have a palm tree in our yard so I might be safe from falling coconuts.

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I don't golf but it is furry furry funny to sit in the odd and watch them!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

D.K. Wall said...

The odds of a Siberian Husky behaving for 24 straight hours - 1,000,000,000 to 1.

Lacy said...

w00f's echo and all, hmmm the odds iz fur me to b good one day iz 1 in 999 milion zillion..awwww mama dats not watt me telled u to rite..

b safe,
~rocky~

The Army of Four said...

Ha roo roo roo! Great post, Echo! I've got to tell Ammy about it!
Play bows,
Zim

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Now that you know so much about odds, perhaps you should go to Vegas! Think of the money you could win to buy cake.

Steve

Lorenza said...

Hi, Echo!
Interesting statistics!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Randi Lyn said...

WOO Echo, we are much smarter now than we were when we woke up this morning!!

(we have palm trees but none of them have coconuts, so guess we're safe there)

WOOOO woo rar rar rar,
Kayla and Maebe

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Mom says her grandma could just look at a patch of clover and reach down and pick a four leaf one.. She was amazing..
Have a Happy Turkey Day..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Jack & Moo said...

Wooos, Echo,
those are some furry interesting odds indeed! I knew there was a good reason I don't like being outside when its lightening!

Wooos & a-roos,
Star & Jack a-roo

Kathryn and Ari said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Diefenbaker said...

Odds of me going 1 hour without pouncing a brother - 1 in 10,000!

Nice to meet you!

--Dief

My Two Best Friends said...

WOO WOO

Those are quite the interesting statistics! We wouldn't share our beds either!

Hugs
Thor and Marco Polo