Saturday, October 25, 2008

No Fair!

Hi Everybuddy -

Meeka here. I need to let all of my buddies know what a horrible morning I had! Here I am sulking and ignoring Mom.







It was just awful. I should have known when I saw the cheese come out of the fridge and go into Mom's purse that something was up. Guess who's turn it was to visit the V-E-T? Mine! I didn't even have a chance to hunker down in the back of my crate and refuse to come out. Before I knew it I was sitting in the Jeep. Mom said not to worry - I only need one shot. ONE SHOT?! NOT WORRY??? What's she thinkin?? I sucked it up and decided I'd be difficult when we got into the waiting room. Yeah, that'll show them. I strutted through the front door and of course the girls behind the desk made a big fuss over me (this happens when you're handsome like me). I began to forget about the horrors that were coming. I sat down with Mom and Dad and then it happened.......I was presented with my goodie bag! I know - I love these new perks! A very nice lady walked up, sat down, and placed the bag RIGHT NEXT TO ME. How nice is that? They must really like me there. And what was in the bag? Ohhhhh, clearly they know me well. They know exactly what I like (perhaps a bit too much Mom says). A CAT! It's true - they gave me a goodie bag with a cat in it! Right next to me! I was very excited and stood up very quickly. You won't believe what happened next. MOM MADE US MOVE TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM! What a party pooper she is! Then before I could protest it was my turn to go into the room to get poked and prodded. I just can't believe Mom made me miss out on my prize. If that wasn't enough they wanted to clip my nails. Yeah Mom - like cheese will make THAT better! I put up a fight and am very pleased to report that I have a new record. It took 5 people to accomplish the task. Hrrrmph! I couldn't wait to leave. I hope everybuddy else is having a better day than I had.

21 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Oh I feel your pain!

When I went a few weeks ago, there was a kharry out khontainer from Petkho with some KFKh in it. I made a new Lab buddy Beau who wanted to help kharry it too!!

Glad woo survived and shared your tale with us!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Please tell my buddy Ekhho The Three Sons theme was grrrrreat!

Amy and the Huskies said...

Aww Echo we feel your pain! Skya just had to go to the vet for shots too. 5 people? Wow we're impressed! All this time we've been good and let mom clip our nails by herself we'll have to fight harder next time.

Unknown said...

you poor thing.. my guys have to go to the V-E-T next week... blah! They are good for the most part though. I am sure a good meaty bone and all will be forgiven :wink:

Lacy said...

w00f's all, hmmm Meeka, me iz soo sorry they fooled u..but at least its over now, and u got sum cheese..

b safe,
~rocky~

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh you are having a bad day. Tomorrow will be better you just wait and see..


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

My Two Best Friends said...

WOO WOO Poor Meeka

We can not believe you didn't get your present! What was your Mom thinking! Congratulations on 5!! I guess you showed them! Great Job!

Hugs
Thor and Marco Polo

Lorenza said...

Hi, Meeka!
I am sure that was a record! 5 people?? Ha!
No cat for you but at least you got some cheese!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The Army of Four said...

Did they make you skip breakfast, too?!!? Or is that what the kitty in a sack was for?
Love,
Ammy

Amici said...

Vets are no fun at times. But, hopefully you'll get some extra love for going. :)

Raising Addie said...

Oh, you really had a tough day!

I HATE to get my nails cut. I must say that 5 people to hold you down is very impressive!

I bet your treat bag was a welcome surprise!
Kisses
Addie

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Too bad woo couldn't get your kitty present and none of us like shots either. But your Mom was just doing what is best for woo.

Hope today was a better day.

Woos, the OP Pack

Ferndoggle said...

What a nightmare! You poor thing...I scream when they try to cut my toenails. Bloody murder...Mom says you'd think they were trying to chop off my foot.

Hope you got a whole gaggle of cheese!!

Sherman

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

It's very nice of your vet to give you a nice gift bag with a treat, I mean, kitty. It's very rude of your mom to refuse it. I bet the vet won't even bother to give you anything next time.

Kat

D.K. Wall said...

Our vet has a very large crate with several kittens in it every time we go. We think it is just like those lobster tanks in some restaurants, but our humans will not let us just pick one for dinner. We think that is very unfair!

But our vet says even kittens deserve good homes and she houses them in the crate until they find homes. As rescues, we guess that is cool. Though we still say, "Here kitty, kitty, kitty" every time we pass.

Kapp pack said...

I hope you are feeling better now!

Butt wiggles, Meadow

Anonymous said...

hey... pics are really awesome!

I am an avid dog lover and seriously run a couple of dog blogs. I'm sure you will like these:

http://aringsburgkennel.blogspot.com
and
http://welcomedoglovers.blogspot.com

Please let me know what you think and can we exchange links?

Lady Kaos said...

5 people? Wow, you're amazing!! If the goody bag was for you, then why did your Mom make you move? Did someone forget to tell your Mom it was for you?
I hope you got a lot more treats and some nice new toys after that because when I went to the vet and to get my nails trimmed I didn't and I'm still upset about it.
Kaos

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Way to go Meeka - 5 to get yur nails clipped, huh - make those humes work!!!!

-da boys, Cosmos & Juneau-

Jans Funny Farm said...

Guess we had a better day than you did. It wasn't any of our turns to visit the vet.

Jack & Moo said...

We playbow to your huskiness. 5 people is quite an accomplishment! Woo definitely should have been allowed to have the goodie bag.

Woos, & a-roos,
Star & Jack a-roo

Kathryn and Ari said...

How awful! We hope you screamed like a banshee when the chopped the claws!!