Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Wrong Side Of The Door


Hi Everybuddy -

We hope those of you who were lucky enough to get snow that stayed around for more than a few hours has had a wonderful time playing in it today. We didn't get very much and it's turning into mush now.

Meeka has had a challenging day. He has a small problem with doors. Meeka's a very smart guy but doors really seem to perplex the handsome one. The powder room seems to present the most problems. He will walk into the small room, turn around, and guess what happens? He pushes the door shut. It's usually not shut all the way however. That is, until he proceeds to slam it shut with his paw in his attempt to get it open again. ::sigh:: He just doesn't get it. Mom and Dad have tried to teach him how to get the door open again but it's no use. He will whine the most pathetic whine we've ever heard until somebuddy springs him. You'll see this too:






That paw is much too small to belong to me! It's Meeka's. I think he's afraid we'll forget he's in there which is quite impossible due to the hauntingly sad whines we hear. Yet another sign that Mr. Perfect really is not perfect. That being said, we'd like to share a very impressive magazine that you might look for at your local newsstand. Take a look:






That would be Meeka! Can you believe it?? I just don't know how he does it. He wants me to mention that pawtograph sessions can be arranged. Hrmmph.

10 comments:

Kapp pack said...

Oh, that paw is too much! Why does the so called royalty get all the special treatment????

Puppy slurps, Canyon

The Army of Four said...

Oh, it must be SCARY to be trapped in the powder room! I NEVER go in ours. Or any of the big bathrooms. EVER. Now I know why not!
Echo, I think you and Meeka are equally handsome. I don't know why BOTH of you aren't on the mag cover! Really.
Love,
Ammy

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Tell Meeka that he's not alone. I get locked in the laundry room. The door slowly closes, so sometimes when Mom can't find me, she just has to go look in the laundry room, and there I am! Also, this past week, Mom and Dad had to go do something after work, so instead of putting us back in the crate, Mom left us in the bedroom with chew toys and shut the door. When they got home, we had locked ourselves into the bedroom! Luckily Dad got the door open from the other side. Mom says that maybe we aren't going to be allowed to stay in the bedroom anymore.

Kat

One Little Birdie said...

Guinness loves going into the bathroom, especially when their is a human in there. She has to check up on them to see if they are okay. They must need help, or they would not have left the pack to be alone in that little room!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Echo!
Poor Meeka! Sure its not fun to lock yourself in a room!
He looks very handsome in that cover!... but what about you??
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I'll follow my mom to 'the' room - I'll make sure she gets there BUT then I exit and station myself just on the other side!

Ammy is khorrekht - woo are BOTH studly lookin' fellas!!

If only my heart wasn't promised to Summi and to Steve, I'd been on your doorstep - after all, I AM a PA gal!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

We did not get the snow last week that the stupid weather people promised. But we got snow last night and that was not in the forecast!!!!

Thor said...

We go and check on the humans in the bathroom too! All four of us at once! We keep forgetting that sometimes they lure us in ther just to give us actual BATHS!

Woos,
Thor

Lady Kaos said...

Poor Meeka. Hopefully soon he'll figure our not to go in there or how to open the door before it's shut all the way. The paw picture is pretty funny!
Kaos

Amici said...

That paw looks pretty cute. I would want to paw it and see if the paw would move around.

Now that pic is pretty nifty on the mag.